Who we are
The Vishwas Times (“we”, “us”, “our”, “TVT”) values the trust placed in us by various stakeholders (“you”, “your”, “user”, “subscriber”) and therefore, we follow the utmost standards of privacy guidelines to protect the information shared by our readers, clients associated with us.
By using The Vishwas Times (all listed activities in our website), you agree and provide your consent to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described here. In some cases, particularly if you reside in a country governed by a data protection regulation like GDPR, we may ask you to provide explicit consent to access our services before proceeding for further operations.
Collection and Use of Personal Details
Reader Personal Details “RPD” is defined as any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) to a particular individual or natural person, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, mobile number and any other identifier indicating to that particular person. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information.
The Vishwas Times respects the privacy of the readers and is committed to reasonably protect it in all respects. The information about the reader as collected by the us are:
(1) readers provided information
(2) automatically tracked information while navigation
(3) information inferred through usage and log data
(4) information collected from any other sources (collectively referred to as “Data”)
(1) Readers provided information
Details collected at the time of registration:
When you register using your web accounts like Facebook or Google+, we retrieve the following Information from your account(s) to continue to interact with you and to continue providing you the Services. Information that we collect include –
- User Name
- E-mail id
- Gender / Sex
- Display picture
- Other public information
Information Collected when you enrol for contests and services on our website
When you enrol for any contests or services ((e.g. Daily Horoscope, Kundali, subscribe to any publication, etc.) on our website we may collect the following information from you:
- User Name
- E-mail id
- Mobile Number
- Address (Country, State, City)
- Gender / Sex
- Date of Birth
- Birth time (In case of horoscope)
- Birth Place (In case of horoscope)
- Personal Pictures
- Passport Number
Information Collected when you use TVT mobile Application
When you download our mobile application we collect the below information from you-
- Device Details
Information you provide to us willingly
We may collect additional information at other times, when you provide feedback(s), modify your content or email preferences, respond to surveys, or communicate with us. This information may include your name, e-mail id, mobile number, location, etc.
2. Automatically tracked information while navigation
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Log File Information
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may use “clear GIFs” to track the online usage patterns of our users in an anonymous manner, without personally identifying the user. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by them. We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our website/Application or Services to suit the interests of our users, to measure traffic ,to improve the quality, functionality and interactivity and to let the advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
Purposes and Lawfulness of processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful basis. Lawful basis on which we would process our personal information includes obtaining explicit consent from you for processing your personal information or processing for “legitimate interests” where processing is necessary by us to provide you with services.
We use information to provide, analyse, administer, enhance and personalize our service and marketing efforts, to process your registration, to provide you services, and to communicate with you related to below mentioned points. For example, we use information to:
- Analyse and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences), recommendation algorithms and delivery which may require for our ready reference and promote offers.
- To help advertisers understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications (however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site) and to provide you relevant ads
- Communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications), so that we can send you news about TVT, details about new features and content available on the TVT Services, promotional announcements and surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services
- Sharing with our customer relation team to resolve your queries/concerns related to your rights or services provided to you
Information Use by the TVT
The Information supplied by you enables us to improve our services and provide you the most user-friendly experience(s). In some cases for e.g. provision of certain service(s) or utility/ies, we may require your contact information as well. All required information is service dependent and we may use the above said user Information to, maintain, protect, and improve the Services (including advertising on the “Application”) and for innovating new services. We may also use user’s email address or other readers personal details to send commercial or marketing messages with your consent [with / without an option to withdraw your consent (wherever feasible)].
Any readers personal details provided by you will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and / or accessible in the public domain like any comments, messages, blogs, scribbles available on social platforms like Facebook, twitter etc.
In case you choose to decline to submit personally identifiable information on the Application/Websites, we may not be able to provide certain services on the Application/Websites to you. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the same at the time of opening your account. In any case, we will not be liable and or responsible for the denial of certain services to you for lack of you providing the necessary personal information.
When you register with the Application or Services, we contact you from time to time about updating your personal information to provide you features that we believe may benefit / interest you.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties TVT shares your information with any third parties without obtaining the prior consent of User in the following limited circumstances:
When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms or for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- TVT may present information to our advertisers – to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications – however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site.
- TVT may share your information regarding your activities on websites or Applications with third party social websites to populate your social wall that is visible to other people however you will have an option to set your privacy settings, where you can decide what you would like to share or not to share with others.
Your Controls and Choices
A. Accessing and Modifying your personal information
When you use the Services Website/application (or any of its sub sites), we put all positive efforts to provide you, as and when requested by you, with access to your personal information and shall further ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed or corrected before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, requiring disproportionate technical effort, jeopardizing the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. You can make such requests by sending us an e-mail
B. Data Retention and Erasure
We retain your personal information as long as necessary for us to provide services to you or you ask us to not retain your data. If you no longer want us to use your information then you can request that we erase your personal information and close your TVT account. Please note that if you request for the erase of your personal information;
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend TVT account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the TVT, even after your account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
C. Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
For withdrawing your consent at any time during the tenure of your services with us, you may choose to do so by sending us an e-mail. We shall review your request and may ask you to verify your identity. Post verification we will withdraw the consent for which request was made by you and stop any further processing of your personal information
You can write to us in case of any grievance or compliant at the TVT e-mail address.
E. Objection to Processing
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes or any contests or promotions or other services, you may, at any time ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to us
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us at TVT e-mail address
Changes in the Policy
If you have any queries, complaints regarding the collecting, processing, transfer of personal data/information or regarding this policy please do contact us at email@example.com
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:-
a) Identification of the information provided by you;
b) Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information;
c) Your address, telephone number or e-mail address;
d) A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be;
e) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to you;